Personal data protection
At the end of this course you will have the chance to answer realistic, scenario-based questions to reinforce what you have learnt.
- What GDPR legislation states about using, processing and storing data
- The seven data protection principles and what they mean
- Enhanced rights of individuals under GDPR
- How to process data transparently in relation to the data subject
- Informed consent
- How to create an accountability culture incorporating privacy by design
- Activities that could lead to a data breach and consequent penalties
- Importance of accuracy and storage limitation under GDPR
Our eLearning courses provide an easier, more convenient way to access training and learn new skills. You will be sent a link to access the video session and have access to it for 12 months.
Some of our eLearning courses have a test element to help maximise your learning and can usually be completed in a hour. Don't forget that and any time spent studying will contribute towards your Continued Professional Development (CPD) requirement if you are a member.
Related courses and information
This foundation course will ensure you understand what is required of you in your daily role in light of GDPR.
Managing information properly is vitally important for an organisation of any size and keeping solid records can be one of the most important assets of a company.
This advanced course takes an in depth look at everything you are required to know to ensure your business complies with GDPR legislation.
GDPR applies to all UK businesses despite Brexit. To comply you need to know what data you collect from people and justify exactly why you collect it. Our bitesize guide breaks down what you need to do in four parts.
The General Data Protection Regulations (EU GDPR) were rolled out across the EU on 25 May 2018. The Regulations brought consistency in data handling to EU member states and granted individuals additional rights on when and how their personal data is used.
This is an informative, motivating and immersive course set inside the virtual organisation Antilion Tech, where you will be challenged to uncover the cause of a data breach.