Letting and property management for senior agents
If you're a senior agent with a solid knowledge of letting and property management, this course will help you take your understanding to the next level.
- Contract law
- Acceptance, watch the wording
- Consideration, what does it mean?
- Completion and electronic signatures
- Subject to contract and when to use it
- Apportionment and the effect on early surrender
- Frustration, what does it really mean?
- Mitigating loss, must a landlord comply?
- Consumer protection law, issues and problems to resolve
- Tenancies and their problems, including commercial leases created through Airbnb
- Assignment, break clauses and options to renew
- Tenant breaking early, surrender, imprisonment, and death of either party
- Agent’s contracts with suppliers, holding deposits, reservation fees and squatters
- Immigration Act 2014 and 2016
- Deregulation Act 2015, Section 21 Notices, and continued implications for repair
- Repair and consequences of failing to comply with statutory obligations
- The Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act 2018 and lack of repair
- The Housing Health and safety Rating System and how local authorities apply it with lack of repair
- Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs) and the different licences
- HMO management regulations, failure to obtain a licence and statutory penalties
Understanding tenancy deposit legislation is crucial to the successful running of a letting agency. This course dives into the legislation, processes and how to ensure your agency remains compliant.
Refresh your knowledge on the more complex areas of residential lettings that don't always form part of your day-to-day work.
With a focus on Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO), learn how to navigate the potential £30,000 penalties you could be liable for.