This qualification is for estate agents, letting agents, commercial property agents and real property auctioneers.
Learners need to demonstrate awareness of the provisions for consumer and business protection and acknowledged industry standards and codes of practice, along with an overarching understanding of business planning, the role of HR and conventions on risk management.
Assessment will also examine how to gauge business requirements for systems, IT policies and procedures, how to approach budgeting and forecasting, as well as brand strategies and marketing tools, techniques and practices.
This is qualification is available UK wide as a Level 4 (comparable to SCQF Level 7).
Registration fee: £50 | Exam fees: £125 per exam
Total cost: £550 (registration, four exams and certification)
For learning material pricing visit our our learning resources page
What will be covered?
This qualification is made up of four units. For more information on each unit's learning outcomes open the panels below.
This unit is about working within the regulatory environment of the property services industry. Most organisations within property services must operate within specific regulations, codes of practice and demonstrate ethical practices. It examines the implications of carrying out a business which has an impact on people and the planet. It considers how legislation and codes of practice can guide business practice.
Unit code: PPAM-U1
- Understand what is meant by ethics and the relationship between ethics and good practice
- Understand the need for financial integrity
- Understand the need for confidentiality
- Understand the importance of treating individuals and the planet with respect
- Understand the application of the relevant consumer and business protection provisions
- Understand the importance of industry standards and codes of practice
This unit aims to equip learners with a conceptual understanding of how property agency businesses and people are managed. It will enable learners to apply knowledge and understanding within the workplace.
Unit code: PPAM-U2
- Understand the benefits of effective organisation and planning
- Understand the definition and functions of leadership and management
- Understand and apply the principles of strategic human resource management in a property agency business
- Understand the need for and implementation of risk management within a property agency business
The aim of the unit is to understand how to implement, manage, and monitor the performance of a property agency business through robust systems and processes for financial and business information.
Unit code: PPAM-U3
- Understand the provisions of the statutory framework for financial accounting
- Understand the principles of financial management including budgeting and forecasting
- Understand the principles of Information Technology policies and practices
- Understand the requirements for and impact of recording and retaining business information
This unit develops the knowledge required to effectively and positively market property agency businesses to consumers by understanding and applying a range of marketing tools and strategies to maximise market share and brand recognition.
Unit code: PPAM-U4
- Understand and apply marketing tools and strategies
- Understand and apply a range of methods for marketing a property agency business effectively
- Understand the value of establishing and maintaining a property agency brand
How long will it take?
We estimate it takes approximately 250 hours of study to complete. From your registration date you will have two years to complete your qualification. If you fail to pass in this timescale you'll need to re-register.
How will I be assessed?
Each unit is assessed through an online exam. Unit 1 is a short answer essay type exam, Units, 2, 3 and 4 are assessed by 30 questions set by Propertymark Qualifications in each exam.
What will I get?
You will receive a nationally recognised qualification at a level comparable to a Higher National Certificate (HNC).