Looking forward to 1 August 2021, notice periods for cases where there is less than four months’ of unpaid rent will change to two months’ notice. Notice periods for the most serious cases will remain lower:
- anti-social behaviour (immediate to 4 weeks’ notice)
- domestic abuse in the social sector (2–4 weeks’ notice)
- false statement (2–4 weeks’ notice)
- over four months’ accumulated rent arrears (4 weeks’ notice)
- breach of immigration rules ‘Right to Rent (2 weeks’ notice)
- death of a tenant (2 months’ notice)
The UK Government has announced that from 1 June 2021, notice periods in England that are currently six months will now be reduced to four months.
Updated Assured Tenancy forms
Assured Tenancy Forms 3, 6a, and the notes to Form 6a have all been updated and we advise that agents update their systems with the new forms. Secure tenancy forms Part I and Part II have both been updated. Failure to serve the correct form may lead to processes being invalidated.