Introduction to planning and development
You will learn the basic principles of planning requirements, including planning policy, how to submit a planning application and instances where planning permission is not required.
- Basic principles of planning requirements including planning policy
- Permitted development rights
- Planning obligations
- Submitting a planning application/development control and the planning committee
- Basic principles of building control
- Planning appeals
- Affordable housing and planning viability
- Valuation principles of development projects
- Method of valuation used
- Land/property acquisition methods
- Site/property appraisal
- Development finance and calculating developer return/profit
- Professional roles in development
- Project planning and risk
- Sensitivity analysis
- Financial viability testing
- Maximising return
- The development cycle
- Cash flows and measuring success
Our popular virtual classroom offers a streamlined version of our face-to-face courses. You will benefit from a dedicated session with our expert trainer from the comfort of your home or office. To enable the course to run smoothly, we ask that you mute your microphone unless asking a question and keep your camera on.
With our face-to-face courses you’ll benefit from the full lesson plan plus an increased level of interaction and group work. This is your chance to participate in group discussions with our expert trainer and other delegates on the course.
Location: Propertymark Westminster, 4th Floor, 5-8 The Sanctuary, London, SW1P 3JS
Related courses and information
Develop the knowledge you'll need to manage commercial property with our introductory course.
This course will introduce you to the various intricacies involved in valuing commercial property and the common challenges you'll face.
We deliver quarterly webinars highlighting key topics and targeted resources on issues relevant to sectors of commercial property practice.
Improve your understanding of the commercial property market with this introductory course.