Competent Agent Part C — Lettings
This course touches on previous topics covered in Competent agent parts A and B before introducing other day-to-day areas of lettings. We continue to review this course to ensure current issues are covered to help you comply with new legislation.
- Considerations of Agency
- Review of Housing Act tenancies
- Statutory periodic vs contractual periodic
- Service of notices
- Housing Act Tenancies
- Companies Act 2006 section 44
- Deregulation Act 2015 and an AST
- Coronavirus Act 2020
- Taxation and the obligations of each party
- Possession proceedings from the agent’s perspective
- Section 8, Section 21 and issues of service
- Deposit protection
- Wear and tear factors to consider
- Understanding the Tenant Fees Act 2019
- Safety regulations
- Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
- Complaints procedure and redress schemes
Our popular virtual classroom offers a streamlined version of our face-to-face courses. You will benefit from a dedicated session with our expert trainer from the comfort of your home or office. To enable the course to run smoothly, we ask that you mute your microphone unless asking a question and keep your camera on.
With our face-to-face courses you’ll benefit from the full lesson plan plus an increased level of interaction and group work. This is your chance to participate in group discussions with our expert trainer and other delegates on the course.
Location: Propertymark Westminster, 4th Floor, 5-8 The Sanctuary, London, SW1P 3JS
This course looks at what is involved in running an House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) from licensing to safety obligations.
Work through complicated areas of letting and managing property, get up to date with all the recent changes to housing law and expand your existing skill set.
This course will cover how to grow your business, acquisitions and mergers and how to obtain the best deals from your supply chain.
Our ASTs are compliant with the Tenant Fees Act and we offer alternative versions depending on the deposit scheme you are registered with alongside a no deposit option.