The panel members were Mr Richard Hair PPNAEA (Honoured) (member panellist acting as the Chairperson for the Tribunal), Mr David Coleman MARLA FNAEA (member panellist) and Mr Clive Wood (lay panellist). The presenting Case Officer for Propertymark was Ms Laura Hanley-Gorton and Mr Leigh was in attendance at the hearing accompanied by his accountant, Mr Mitchell.
The Tribunal considered the allegations set out in the case summary sent to Mr Leigh. It was alleged that Mr Leigh had acted in contravention of the requirements of the following Propertymark Conduct and Membership Rules.
- Conduct rule 1.7: Access to, or availability of, Client Money
- Conduct rule 1.14: Payments out of a Client (Bank) Account
- Conduct rule 13: General duty to uphold high standards of ethical and professional behaviour
- Conduct rule 21: Continuing professional development (CPD) rules
Mr Leigh admitted the charges against him:
- Conduct rule 1.7: Admitted
- Conduct rule 1.14: Admitted
- Conduct rule 13: Admitted
- Conduct rule 21: Admitted
Mr Leigh submitted a plea in mitigation.
- Conduct rule 1.7: Formal warning
- Conduct rule 1.14: Formal warning
- Conduct rule 13: Caution
- Conduct rule 21: £50
In addition, costs were imposed of £193 against Mr Leigh in favour of Propertymark.
The Tribunal made the following statement:
'We thank Mr Leigh and his accountant for your attendance today and we note and have understood your plea in mitigation. We do not expect to see you again.'
Download the full report
The downloadable report shows the full details of the rules involved in this case.